Composing A Research Paper On Death Of A Salesman
Written in 1949, Arthur Miller’s play Death of a Salesman presents snippets of memory, dreams and important moments that comprise the last hours of Willy Loman’s life. It is an intense novel with great potential for a research paper.
There are many angles from which the events in the play can be analyzed – as a tragedy, as a social critique, as a psychological examination. Since the playwright does not try to describe two-dimensional characters, critics cannot agree on the best approaches to categorize this work. You can also add a fresh perspective by relating personal experiences if you identify with the chosen topic at a deeper level.
Where to start with your research
For a Death of a Salesman essay research paper, it is a good strategy to understand the specific needs of your class instructor. Keeping to the technical language used by the teacher and the critical approaches covered in class is also wise. Since there are layers of meaning associated with this play, the best thing is find a topic that is both challenging and easy to find previous work on. You can be assured that there are various research paper topics on Death of a Salesman depending on the level of complexity you wish to attempt.
Death of a Salesman essay research paper helpful hints can be found online at homework help websites, research paper guidance websites and forums. A more traditional place to look for more resources and guidance would be the campus library. Asking your instructor for specific resources can also be useful – that person will be the reader of your paper and will better assess the kind of information you can include.
- The role of the American Dream in Arthur Miller’s play Death of a Salesman.
- The interplay of fantasy and reality in Death of a Salesman.
- Examine Biff’s realization that his life is a lie as an underlying theme of Miller’s play.
- Undertake a comparative study of Eudora Welty’s Death of a Traveling Salesman and Miller’s Death of a Salesman. Bring out elements of similarity between both depictions of the character of the salesman.
- Reflect on the life of Arthur Miller and analyze how his experiences can be linked to his writing, with a focus on the classic drama Death of a Salesman.
- Compare the 1985 film version of Death of a Salesman to the text. Give a detailed review and note the elements of multimodality with reference to the play.
- What is the role of flashback scenes in Miller’s Death of a Salesman?
- The importance of the title ‘Death of a Salesman’ in relation to the events that unfold.
- How is the father-son relationship highlighted in Death of a Salesman?
- Elaborate on the major themes and symbols in Miller’s play.
- Is Death of a Salesman successful as a tragedy of the common man?
- A modernist interpretation of Miller’s play Death of a Salesman.
- The motifs of the pioneer and the peddler in Arthur Miller’s play Death of a Salesman.
- Death of a Salesman and the search for identity
- Willy Lowman’s moral confusion and the role of family values
Checking the quality of your paper
It is important that your sources are valid and you follow all the technicalities expected of a scholarly piece of writing. To ensure that the quality of your paper is consistent and up to the standard, revise and revise again before submission. A research paper can have all the points for a good argument, but if they are buried under unnecessary facts and summarizing – it is no good. Research paper writing can be tough work but once you are clear about your ideas, everything falls into place.